Little Black Pearl Art & Design Academy
A unique, state-of-the-art learning environment; Smaller class sizes; Drawing, photography, glassblowing, animation/gaming, and music production; College and Career preparation
Pearl Fest 2015
The 2015 Pearl Fest “World Class Jazz Festival” is hosted in honor of Terri Lyne Carrington’s 50th Birthday.
The Little Black Pearl Art & Design Center provides an extraordinary cultural setting for community, local and national events. The 40,000-sq. ft. facility offers spacious conference rooms and workshops, along with a spectacular 36-ft glass atrium area.
In the midst of the challenges we face, I believe that we are poised to become change agents and through innovation and creativity we will revive and breathe life into our children and communities.
Art & Design Center
The distinctive building on the corner of 47th Street and Greenwood Avenue in the North Kenwood/Oakland neighborhood of Chicago is a mixture of classic architectural style and an ultra-modern rehabilitation.
Who We Are
What began as an artists' dream in the basement of her gray stone is now the Little Black Pearl Art and Design Center located in the Kenwood/Oakland neighborhood.
Dear Parents and Community Members,
Little Black Pearl (LBP) will respond to Chicago Public School’s RFP for the reopening of Dyett High School. LBP will offer an innovative educational plan to open the new “Little Black Pearl School of the Arts” (LBPA). LBPA will be an extension of the unique arts and education model created by LBP.
The vision of Little Black Pearl School of the Arts is to:
- Offer an open enrollment, high quality Chicago Public High School
- Develop a comprehensive four-year visual and performing arts high school enrolling 650 students in grades nine through twelve
- Provide tuition free instruction in six specialty areas: multi-media, dance, theatre, music, visual and industrial arts, plus a full college preparatory curriculum
- House an indoor/outdoor state-of-the-arts theatre, gallery/exhibition space, glassblowing facility, creative arts incubator spaces, and a skateboard park designed to strategically position the school as an anchor for arts, education, youth employment and community development
- Leverage corporate partnerships, parents, volunteers, community members, Colleges and Institutions to serve as ambassadors and allies to create opportunities in the arts for students internally and beyond the school’s campus
- Provide a quality education for youth as an integral part of a healthy community
For more information call us at 773.285.1211 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org